With decades of experience and a track-record of favorable verdicts, you can rest easy knowing our attorneys have your best interest in mind.
St. Louis Pharmaceutical Malpractice Attorney
Pharmaceutical malpractice, also referred to as pharmaceutical liability, occurs when the ingestion of a prescription medication leads to the injury or wrongful death of the patient.
Pharmaceutical malpractice can occur in a variety of ways, but here are a few of the most common examples:
- Failure to know about the side effects or health risks of a particular drug. There are cases in which a pharmaceutical company does not perform adequate testing of a new drug to discover potential side effects or health risks. This can lead to the injury or illness of people who take the drug once it is released to the marketplace.
- Failure to disclose the potential side effects or health risks of a drug. Though all pharmaceutical drugs must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) before being made available to the public, there are times when a pharmaceutical company will fail to disclose the possible health risks of a particular drug, allowing it to be passed through the FDA approval process while still presenting a hazard to the public.
- Mistakes or errors made in the manufacture of the drug.
- Improper or incorrect dosage or incorrect medication is given by one's local pharmacy.
- Doctor's failure to take into account the patient's current prescriptions when writing a new prescription, when this results in dangerous interactions between the drugs
If you have been victimized by pharmaceutical malpractice, then you may be entitled to financial compensation from the drug company, the doctor, or the pharmacist who is responsible for your injury. Contact a St. Louis personal injury lawyer at our firm for effective representation in your case and the chance to recover compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Legal Representation for Your Malpractice Case
At Meyerkord & Kurth, we provide assistance to individuals throughout the St. Louis area with their personal injury cases, and we can help you in your pharmaceutical malpractice case. Our firm has a dedicated team for medical malpractice cases, with extensive resources for gathering evidence and proving our client's claim. Call or visit our office today to tell us your story and learn whether you have grounds for legal action.
Pharmacy & Prescription Errors in St. Louis
The instances of prescription drug error in pharmacies have increased dramatically in recent years, and will likely only continue to do so as aging baby boomers and others come to rely more on prescription medication. Of the nearly four billion prescriptions that are filled in pharmacies every year, millions of errors occur that cause harm, in some cases, even wrongful death.
These errors can occur for a variety of reasons, such as understaffing in the pharmacy, the emphasis of speed over customer safety, tying employee pay to volume, distractions, and doctor malpractice. If you have suffered injury or illness due to pharmacy error then you may be entitled to financial compensation from that pharmacy for the pain and trauma you have endured. By providing you with qualified legal representation in your case, a St. Louis personal injury lawyer may give you your best chance at obtaining that compensation.
Representation for Pharmacy Error Claims
$844,711 Amputation Injury
$225,000 Auto Accident
$75,000 Auto Accident
$77,500 Auto Accident
$125,000 Auto Accident
$447,500 Auto Accident