John S. Steward
John Steward brings over 25 years of experience to Meyerkord & Kurth. He has been affiliated with Meyerkord & Kurth for over 10 years where he concentrates his practice on Mass Torts including defective drugs and defective medical products.
John Steward has focused his legal practice on complex litigation, class actions, commercial, consumer, and privacy protection cases for nearly two decades. With substantial experience behind him, Mr. Steward is familiar with a wide variety of complex legal matters and has achieved numerous multi-million dollar recoveries on behalf of his clients. He has been appointed by state and federal courts as Class Counsel in a multitude of cases. He has worked as counsel in federal class actions and state class actions throughout the United States, handling cases in California, Texas, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Louisiana, Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri. Mr. Steward's practice also includes complex commercial litigation and serious personal injury. Mr. Steward is passionate about his work and always strives to give his clients the best legal advocacy he can offer. Today, he continues to serve clients as a top-notch legal advocate for those in need at Meyerkord & Kurth.
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, 1996
- Missouri Bar
- United States District Court - Eastern District of Missouri
- United State District Court - Western District of Missouri
- 8th Circuit United States Court of Appeals
- HarrisMartin's Data Breach Litigation Conference: The Coming of Age - Evolving Theories in Data Breach Cases: Theories of Recovery, Damages and Injuries
- March 2015 - San Diego, California
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Melton M. Lewis Equal Justice Award - 2015
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri - For the Common Good
- August 2015 - St. Louis, Missouri