With decades of experience and a track-record of favorable verdicts, you can rest easy knowing our attorneys have your best interest in mind.
IVC Filter Lawsuit Attorneys
For a Free Consultation - Call Us 24/7: (800) 391-4318
In 2010, the United States Food and Drug Administration warned the public that inferior vena cava filters (IVCs), medical devices used to prevent blood clots from moving into the lungs, pose serious risks to persons the using the devices. Reports state that these filters could fracture, migrate, and cause organ perforation. As a result, the FDA suggested that these devices be removed as soon as patients’ risks of blood clots subsided.
If you or someone you love has received an IVC filter and has suffered any harm or injuries as a result, get in touch with a St. Louis product liability lawyer from Meyerkord & Kurth right away.
When you choose to work with our team, you can rest easily knowing our firm can provide you with the following:
- A team backed by more than 100 years of combined experience
- A legal team who has recovered millions of dollars in compensation
- A firm that has been rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Step by step legal counsel you can trust
To discuss your case, call our Meyerkord & Kurth now. We can examine your case and help you pursue maximum financial compensation right away!
Why Were IVC Filters Designed?
The medical devices were designed to help those who are unable to consumer anticoagulants, also known as blood thinners, to prevent blood clots from moving to the lungs by catching the clots in the stream and causing them to dissipate.
Additionally, many of the following types of people received IVC filters:
- Individuals diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis
- Individuals diagnosed with pulmonary embolus
- Victims of trauma
- Individuals who recently delivered an infant
- Recent surgery patients
- Individuals being treated for atrial fibrillation or a-fib
Types of Injuries IVC Filter Users Have Faced
Many people who receive IVCs suffered from punctured blood vessels as well as the following conditions:
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Device migration
- Difficulty removing the device
- Pulmonary embolism
- Puncture of the inferior vena cavity
Have You Suffered Harm Due to an IVC Filter? Retain Experienced Legal Counsel Now.
$844,711 Amputation Injury
$225,000 Auto Accident
$75,000 Auto Accident
$77,500 Auto Accident
$125,000 Auto Accident
$447,500 Auto Accident