Missouri & Illinois Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 24/7 800.391.4318
Child Electrocuted in St. Louis Park

Child Electrocuted in St. Louis Park

A St. Louis five-year-old boy was seriously injured after being shocked by exposed live electrical wires in north St. Louis at 19th and Angelica Street on Friday night. According to authorities, the five-year-old boy touched a hot wire on a street light at Windsor Park. Witnesses say the boy was knocked back after touching the wire and remained unconscious for several minutes. Emergency responders were called and the boy was rushed to the hospital. He was treated for a few days and then released from the hospital on Sunday. The boy suffered serious burns.

According to St. Louis City Police, a missing front cover plate on a street light exposed live electrical wires and the child touched it and was electrocuted. Understandably, the boy’s mother and father are very upset that a public park was left in such a hazardous condition.

If you feel negligence has led to your injury or your child’s injury, you could be entitled to monetary compensation according to premises liability laws. If you have been hurt on government owned property, you need legal representation before you speak to an insurance company. Remember, insurance companies will try to settle as quickly as possible for as little as possible. Call the experts in premises liability law at Meyerkord and Meyerkord, LLC. Our premises liability attorneys will fight the insurance company and make sure you are rewarded every penny you deserve. Contact our downtown St. Louis law firm, and let a premises liability attorney at Meyerkord and Meyerkord, LLC, work for you.

Categories:

Take the First Step Towards Recovery

Put Experience On Your Side Today
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.