The National Council on Fireworks Safety encourages consumers to follow the following procedures to ensure safety while setting off fireworks this Fourth of July.
1. Obey all fireworks laws in your city.
2. Understand your fireworks by reading all instructions before igniting.
3. No one under the age of 18 should play with fireworks without adult supervision.
4. Refrain from drinking alcohol while using fireworks
5. While shooting fireworks, wear safety glasses.
6. Only light one firework at a time and then quickly step away.
7. Never light fireworks while holding it in your hand.
8. Always light fireworks outside in a cleared area and away from personal property.
9. Never relight a firework that does not go off.
10. Always store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
11. Have access to water while setting off fireworks and keep a bucket of water close.
12. Never put your fireworks in your pocket.
13. Never make a homemade firework.
14. Wet all used fireworks before throwing them away in a metal trash can only.
15. Keep all animals away from fireworks.
16. Give consideration to other who may be sensitive to loud noises.
Meyerkord, Meyerkord & Kurth, LLC, would like to wish everyone a wonderful holiday. Please use caution while setting off fireworks. As St. Louis’ best personal injury attorneys, we have helped hundreds of victims who have been injured because of the negligence or misconduct of others. No one deserves to go through pain and suffering. Our legal team at Meyerkord, Meyerkord & Kurth, LLC, encourages all to enjoy celebrating our Nation's Independence with the use of fireworks in a safe and responsible way.