Sunset Hills Carbon Monoxide Leak Causes Evacuation

The Sunset Hills Police Department and the Melville Fire Protection District responded to a potentially deadly situation yesterday morning in Sunset Hills at the Hampton Inn at Lindbergh Boulevard. The emergency responders had received a report of carbon monoxide leak on Friday, April 8. Emergency crews immediately evacuated all hotel guests. The deadly leak was discovered in the pool area after three hotel guests reported the emergency. Emergency crews evacuated 30 people from the building and then used large electric fans to ventilate the hotel. Later that evening, Laclede Gas reported that the hotel was safe.

According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are over 400 unintentional, non-fire related carbon monoxide poisoning deaths annually in the U.S. In addition, the CDC reports over 2,000 hospitalization in the U.S due to unintentional, non-fire related carbon monoxide poisoning. If you have lost a loved one in an accidental death, you may be able to file a wrongful-death claim and be entitled to compensation. Accidental deaths happen every day, and many are due to the negligence of others. Do not accept that there is nothing you can do.

A tragic loss of a loved one can you leave you financially devastated, burdened with the cost of medical bills, funeral and burial cost, and the loss of income. Do not go through this tragedy alone. Contact Meyerkord & Kurth and let us review your wrongful-death claim. Our team has recovered over $350 million for accident victims. Contact us today and we will provide you with a free no-obligation consultation from one of St. Louis’ best personal injury attorneys.

Related Posts
  • Understanding Legal Terminology: What Is “Personal Injury?” Read More
  • Lawsuit Filed for Branson, Missouri Duck Boat Tragedy That Killed 17 Read More
  • Missouri Duck Boat Accident Leaves 17 People Dead Read More