It was an unfortunate morning at a St. Louis ice rink today following a premises accident due to an ammonia leak. Furthermore, eight people were taken to a nearby hospital today from the Brentwood Recreation Complex after the leak.
Of the eight injured, three were firefighters and one was a city worker; the others were not identified. Thus far the extent of the injuries is unknown.
After the call about the ammonia leak was placed to the St. Louis Fire Department several other fire stations arrived to the scene. Around lunch the leak was contained and hazmat crews were taking over the situation.
Likewise, after the premises accident, traffic was still open in both directions.
Ammonia leaks can easily become a serious problem. For instance, ammonia can burn the skin and be highly toxic is not fatal if inhaled.
If you or a loved one is in need of a premises attorney, we can help. Please contact the skilled St. Louis personal injury attorneys at Meyerkord & Kurth today for a free consultation.