Defective Hoverboard Blamed for House Fire

A fire destroyed a home in Louisiana and the homeowner is blaming a defective hoverboard. Jessica Horne purchased a "Fit Turbo" hoverboard on the website Amazon for her son, and she claims that while it was charging, the hoverboard started shooting out flames. Horne alleges that there were numerous flames that caused her house to be engulfed within minutes. Over the past three months, hoverboards were responsible for eight reported injuries, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Those injuries were the result of falls and no fires have been reported. The fire is being investigated by the Louisiana fire marshal.

Thousands of individuals seek medical treatment for injuries sustained due to dangerous or defective products. Product liability laws require that all companies that manufacture consumer goods must ensure the health and safety of their customers. Unfortunately, there are companies that are more concerned with their profit than the wellness of consumers. Those parties should be held responsible for their negligence, and that can be accomplished by contacting a skilled product liability attorney. Injured individuals may have rights to recover compensation for medical bills, property damages, and mental anguish.

Meyerkord & Kurth is a law firm that specializes in injury accident cases. Our attorneys have handled thousands of accident cases and take pride in obtaining justice for those injured due to another parties neglect. We use our knowledge and resources to recover the maximum compensation for your damages while supporting you throughout the case. If you have been injured due to a dangerous or defective product, contact our office today for a free no-obligation consultation.

Related Posts
  • Mattresses Recalled for Fire Hazard Read More
  • John Deere Recalls Utility Vehicles Due to Crash Hazards Read More
  • Fire Hazard Prompts Polaris Vehicle Recall Read More