COVID-19 UPDATE: We are open! Our team is working and offering consultations via phone, e-mail, and video conferencing.

Comparative Fault

In some motor vehicle accidents liability is not clear cut. This occurs when both parties were negligent in their actions which consequently ended with an accident. When this situation arises, individuals often have the question can they still bring suit for their resulting injuries even though they were partially at fault. This answer depends on what state the accident occurred, however, in Missouri the answer is yes. Missouri is known as a pure comparative fault state. As such, an individual can bring suit against the other individual and recover for the portion that other party was at fault. This can even occur when the party bringing suit is more at fault than the other party. For example, if a party is 75% at fault, but the the other party is 25% at fault for the motor vehicle accident. Then the party who is 75% at fault can still recover against the other party for their 25% fault.

When you are dealing with comparative fault accidents it is important to get an attorney to advocate for your position. The personal injury attorneys at Meyerkord & Kurth are experienced with motor vehicle accident claims and can help you or someone you know who has been in a motor vehicle accident. We have a track record of recovering millions of dollars due to car accidents and helping clients recover from their traumatic experience. Our personal injury attorneys are licensed in Missouri and Illinois. We have logged thousands of hours on the phone with insurance companies and recovered millions of dollars for medical bills, pain and suffering, and property damage. We have over 95 years of combined experience. Please contact us at (314) 300-3000 or (800) 391-4318 for a no-obligation assessment of your potential motor vehicle case.

**The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.**

**Past results do not serve as a guarantee of future results.**

**The information on this St. Louis personal injury website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.**