Were you hurt?
If you have been injured while doing your job, you have the right to file a claim for workers' compensation. There are many types of injury accidents that are covered by workers' comp insurance. Some the most common are:
- Construction site accidents including concussions, broken bones, crush injuries
- Slip and falls
- Work-related car or truck accidents
- Back injuries from bending, standing, sitting, lifting
- Carpal tunnel and rotator cuff
- Defective or malfunctioning machinery
- Being hit by an object
- Electrocution and burns
- Occupational injuries due to exposure to toxic chemicals and asbestos
- Catastrophic injuries such as spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries
- Emotional trauma
- Claims for workplace injuries exacerbated by pre-existing or previous injuries
The Workers' comp system enables you to obtain benefits like medical treatment, a portion of lost wages, physical therapy and rehabilitation for your injuries. It is vital to have an attorney help you file your claim, negotiate a settlement with the insurance company, and, if necessary, go to trial on your behalf. Many valid claims are denied and the legal team at the firm can provide the skilled representation needed in such cases.
Workers' Compensation Benefits
In Missouri, your workplace accident enables you to receive the following benefits:
- Medical: to treat your workplace illness or injury
- Permanent disability: money to compensate you for being unable to use a part of your body due to a workplace injury
- Wages: replacement of a percentage of income you have lost due to your injury
- Death: a settlement to compensate for the death of a family member on the job
If you or a family member has been injured or lost their life while at work, our father and son team of knowledgeable lawyers will advise you on the best course of action in your work injury claim. Contact our firm today to speak with a lawyer.