Nighttime Driving Reminders
Posted By Meyerkord & Meyerkord, LLC
Drivers are finding themselves traveling in the dark now that daylight
savings time has ended. It is reported that only a quarter of driving
is done after the sun goes down but more accidents tend to occur then.
Visibility issues, alertness, wildlife, and fatigue play a major role in
nighttime accidents. It is always wise to review common driving tips and tricks when your
driving environment changes to prevent any fender benders.
* Check signals and lights regularly to make sure they are working properly.
* Clean interior class to help reduce glare.
* Turn headlights on an hour before sunset and an hour before dawn to help
your vehicle's visibility.
* Turn low beams on when driving through fog.
* Do not drink and drive. Even one drink can cause drowsiness.
* Check headlight alignment. Often lights can shift and shine upward not
providing full beams of light on the roadway.
* Watch for wildlife. Deer, raccoons, possums and coyotes often travel
at night. Be alert.
* If you are feeling fatigued make frequent stops. Take a walk, stretch
or get something to drink. Better yet, make a reservation for the night
and get some sleep and start back fresh in the morning.
Car accidents can be frightening and the injuries even more so. It’s
imperative to be alert when driving in any condition to prevent accidents.
If you suffer damages from an accident, it is wise to contact a personal
injury attorney to assess your legal needs. Meyerkord and Meyerkord, LLC,
is a trusted St. Louis firm that specializes in personal injury cases.
Our team works diligently to reach a maximum settlement for our clients
while communicating throughout the whole legal process. If you or a loved
one is in need of representation, please
contact us for a free consultation.