Let it Snow! Winter Travel Reminders
Posted By Meyerkord & Meyerkord, LLC
Winter time can mean driving in severe conditions and can be dangerous
for anyone who is on the roads. Weather conditions can be hazardous and
can cause minor to severe
accidents, so it is always wise to be equipped for any type of winter travel. Here
are a few tips to help prepare you for hitting the roadways this winter.
* Always check your tires to make sure they have the proper amount of air
in them. Also, ensure that you have at least a half a tank of gas at all times.
* Do not use cruise control on ice, snow or rainy surfaces.
* Always put your seat belt on each time you get in your vehicle.
* Check the weather reports before traveling long distance. Postponing
your trip is always an option if the weather becomes severe.
* Be sure to tell family or friends your travel plans and itinerary. It
is always wise to let others know of your travel plans, in case you have trouble.
* Pack an emergency bag for your trunk. Batteries, blankets, food, water,
extra gloves and a first aid kit should be readily available if needed.
* Don’t be in a hurry. This is a great tip for driving anytime but
also important on slick surfaces. Your ability to stop quickly on snow,
ice or rain decreases so be sure to give yourself plenty of travel time.
* Drive slowly. Turning, accelerating and stopping will take longer on
snow-covered roads so keep the speed to a minimum.
* As always, limit cell phone use and texting while driving especially
in bad weather. Keep that cell phone put away until you are safely parked.
The winter travel season is stressful enough, but if you are involved in
a car accident, it is important that you discuss an attorney. An experienced
attorney can help investigate your accident and determine if you have
legal grounds for a case.
The attorneys at Meyerkord and Meyerkord, LLC have decades of accident
experience. We understand that accidents can be frightening and communicate
with our clients throughout the entire legal process. We are dedicated
to helping those who have been injured and work diligently to get them
the care and compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been
injured in a car accident,
contact our St. Louis office for a free initial consultation.